This blog has been created partly as a companion to Chemistry for the Biosciences, the textbook that I co-author with Tony Bradshaw, and to act as an archive of posts I write for other sites (particularly the OUPblog). Like the book itself, it explores how life on the scale of atoms and molecules has an impact on biology - at the scale of cells, tissues, and organisms - and seeks to demystify a range of biological and chemical concepts.

The blog's name takes as its inspiration the cover of the first edition of Chemistry for the Biosciences, which depicts a gecko seemingly clinging to its surface. To find out what links geckos to chemistry, read this.



Tuesday 25 January 2011

Got a conundrum?

Has a particular chemical or biological concept left you mystified? Drop me an
e-mail
with a note of the source of your confusion, and I'll endeavour to post a response (and hopefully a useful explanation) on this blog as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment